Sunday, March 30, 2014

Why I made my own shampoo

'The thought of tallow in my hair made me cringe a bit. Besides most high-street shampoos are full of nasty chemicals
They make the scalp prone to dryness. The more you use them, the more you need to use them.
You hair and scalp become reactive to them. 

Human hair has a self-cleansing property. However living in polluted cities it is not possible for us to just wash our hair 
with water and wait for the natural oils to work their magic. And so we depend on shampoos and 
cleansers. But even then why compromise for some mish-mash of toxic ingredients, sometimes hidden, 
always beautifully marketed? Besides they are all so expensive too, even the vegan one's out there are pricey.

So I decided to give making shampoo at home a try and it feels great!


No comments:

Post a Comment